Monday 15 February 2010

My Love For McQueen

Matchesfashion.com - £2,845

The fashion world is still in mourning at the huge loss of Lee McQueen (aka Alexander). He was an icon to many and it was not surprising he won 'Designer of the Year' four times.

It was only the other day that I wrote a list of that particular weeks blog titles and one of those was headed, 'My Love For McQueen.' Apart from the fact that I have gained a whole new level of admiration for his designs since working at Matches but also due to the fact that a couple of Fridays ago, as I helped to pick out some key items for a client's Spring/Summer wardrobe I suddenly remembered that we had just received the most phenomenal dress that day and it was still sat on the merchandising rail downstairs waiting to be taken to the shop floor.
Having only received two in the whole company, I just knew I had to get my client to try it on. It was love at first sight and without a second thought, she was the proud owner of this master-piece.


Heads will be turning when this creation is worn.

Alexander McQueen - thank you for bringing a whole new fashion level to this world. I hope your creations will continue in your name and you my dear designer RIP.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment