Thursday 1 October 2009

Would You Wear The Same Outfit Twice?!



Can you wear the same outfit twice?

It's shock horror everywhere when a celeb is spotted 'recycling' an outfit - true? I guess in the wonderful world of fashion, parties and glitteratis, one must not only been seen in a different outfit each time they step out the door but also the latest one to hit the catwalk - I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Although ... saying that ... I for one have this whole 'thing' (and I use the word 'thing' because I'm not quite sure what to call it) but I have this 'thing' that on a night out I don't like to be seen in something I've worn before - empathise or criticise?!

Being a social butterfly (so I like to think), this can often mean purchasing a new outfit each time I head out - hmmm ...

So what are the rules? Well, here are the ones I try to live by ...

1. Stick with one key piece and team with several different items to create different looks.

2. Mix and match day clothes with night clothes so you get a variety of options.

3. Swap, lend or give (in the hope you will get back) clothes with friends, you will be surprised how different certain items look on one person to the next.

4. Invest in an handful of expensive items, but stick to high-street for the rest, therefore allowing your budget to stretch further.

This is a case of - DO try this at home!

If the rich and famous amongst us can do it ... So can we. All you need is a splash of imagination, a sprinkle of creativity and lots and lots of different friends! ;)

Have a stylish Thursday

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment