Wednesday 7 October 2009

Exclusive: Hot New Designer ...

“It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure.” - Coco Chanel

It is not often that you step in to a home and over to the right of the front door is a show room, straight ahead is a studio and placed in the lounge sits a table filled with the some of the most creative, trendy and interesting jewellery that's come about.

Welcome to DaniLara ... A name that you may or may not be familiar with yet but will soon be a must, want and need to all.

Here DaniLara gives us an exclusive on how her business came about, where she gets her inspirations from and where the future lies ...

1. How did DaniLara start?

I have grown up with-in a creative family where making embroidered, knitted or crocheted items was part of my subconscious. Years ago, I started wearing the jewellery that I had made simply for myself. As time went on, I began to get so many compliments that then led on to orders and one customer turned into another and through word of mouth a mini business was grown.

I also developed certain skills in Couture embroidery, when I worked at Lesage in Paris. (Lesage not only create embroidery for all the couture houses but they are also now owned by Chanel) I realised that so many women are in need of a wardrobe revamp but don't necessarily have the funds to go out and buy a whole new outfit, therefore, with a few crystals, semi-precious stones and beading, a new look can be created.

2. Define your collection in three words ...

Fun
Dramatic
Elegant

3. Where do you get your inspiration from?

I live and breath what I do. Anything can trigger off an idea, from the entrance to a bar in Paris to leaves falling from the trees in my garden at home. I love antique markets; I buy vintage beads, buttons and Victorian embroidery and together with museums (my favourite being the V&A) these are just a touch on where I gather inspiration. At the end of a long day, I sit down in my studio, gather all my ideas, beads and brick-a-brak that I have collected and then see where my creative thoughts takes me.

4. Which designer jewels do you lust after?

Erickson Beamon's craftsmanship is amazing and so is Dori Csengeri (Israeli designer). Not forgetting to mention my love for YSL jewellery!

5. Where do you see your business in five years?

I would love to see DaniLara in all the major shops; Liberty's, Selfridges, even companies around the world like Fred Segal in LA and Le Bon Marche and Collette in Paris. I want my company to be established in it's own right.

So, you heard it here first. I'm predicting it won't be long until this emerging new talent is on the cover of Vogue! Get your orders in quick ladies ... This designer is set to cause a riot!




For every day or rare occasions, DaniLara’s bespoke embroidery, jewellery and accessories are highly personal and absolutely individual. If you have something in mind, she can create it.

Prices range from £15 to £300, with a typical necklace being around £30 - £45.

For more info - get in touch:
www.danilara.com
info@danilara.com
Tel: 07971 042 816

No comments:

Post a Comment