Thursday 22 October 2009

When I die, I want to go to Vogue (David Bailey)

Having weighed up the pros and cons and after much deliberation, I have decided to put my fashion styling career to one side and take up ... Modelling. Yes, that's right ... Ladies and well, Ladies ... You are now looking at the face of Vogue!

Yesterday morning, I took myself off bright and early to The Light Room studios in order to have a few photos taken for my portfolio. I was told to bring along 3-4 outfits, have clean hair and a fresh face, which was make-up free *cringe* Trying so desperately to dodge anyone I might vaguely know on the Jubilee line, I made my way to the studios and began my morning's work.

Shortly after I arrived, I had a consultation with a very friendly young man, who then whipped me off to the hair and make-up studio. Some blusher was applied and I began to look semi-normal again. Once my hair and make-up were complete, I was introduced to a lovely lady called Sally, who I was told would be taking my photos. Having been a model in the past, Sally knew the exact poses I should be making - so under instructions, I pouted, I posed and I smiled and before I knew it, 40 minutes had flown by and it was time to step out of my model-esque role and become well, me again!

I had a fab morning and met some great people, but no fear everyone - although I could easily allow someone to do my hair and make-up on a daily basis, as well as get my Moss-on regularly, I'm not quite ready to hang up my styling shoes just yet!





Same time tomorrow - Ping me
(heard someone say that yesterday and just thought ...
that is so NOW!)

P.s. Keep an eye out for November's issue of Vogue ...
you never know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment