Thursday 15 October 2009

'If the shoe fits, wear it' (Proverb)

Today, I want to dedicate my blog to a true love ... They make me smile, they make me happy, they comfort me even on the dullest of days and they are always available to be loved back ... Yes, you've guessed it - Shoes!

It's like ... no matter what clothes I try on whilst shopping, shoes will always fit perfectly and ultimately always look good! Regardless if I set out to the shops for a particular item or if I'm just browsing - I will always find a pair of shoes that I just have-to-have.

SHOES - 'A shoe is an item of footwear evolved at first to protect the human foot and later, additionally, as an item of decoration in itself.' (Wikipedia)

I do believe that in a life-time, one will never be able to buy or wear all the shoes they wish to. There are just too many divine showpieces that one can only dream about owning and wearing. So ... as a dedication to the item that steals my heart each and every time, I have picked out my top-ten best pairs (for this week that is!)

As they say on X Factor 'in no particular order'...

1. Carvela's divine studded ankle boots (£150)



2. The ultimate killer-heel - YSL's tribute shoe (£503)






3. Topshop's peep-toe ankle boot (£90)






4. All 5.5 inches of pure Christian Louboutin (only £845)






5. So on-trend - Dune's over the knee tassel boot (£160)




6. Always a yes to Fendi's t-bar platform shoe (£490)





7. For pure comfort the infamous UGGs (£190)






8. Add that edge with Brian Atwood's suede pump (£430)





9. None other than Dorothy Perkins biker boot (£40)





10. For something a little different - Nicholas Kirkwood's sculptured shoes (£560)




So, there you have it - a total of £3,458 and that is only for a week and three days worth of shoes ... Hmmm, I've always wondered what the term high-maintenance actually means?!

From designer to high-street ... Every girl can dream.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment